Wednesday, June 6, 2012

God's Plan

Not having blogged since my trip to Colorado, I feel that I owe my few subscribers an explanation. I attended the Colorado Christian Writers and Speakers conference in May. God got me there by a little miracle of sending me money which i blogged about previously. I had been working on a Christian self-help type book over the last 4 years and was seeking a publisher.

I learned so much at the conference about what is expected of a writer. If you want a publisher to pick you up, then you really need an established platform which I do not have. I have 16 subscribers to my blog. I do not have a website, and I am not some established Christian minister or speaker. I am a veritable nobody. I am young David facing Goliath.

I had a publisher that I interviewed with interested in my story. My story, my whole story, contains things in it that could really hurt people. It could even hurt people's children. So, my dilemma begins. What good is part of my story if you can not hear the whole thing to really understand what my walk has been like? I just can't say, "Here is part of what Christ has delivered me through." The impact would not be the same.

I thought about changing my name and the names of people in my stories. That would be fruitless because I have been a leader and educator for 15 years and live in an area where everyone knows everyone along with their business. Which is not a bad thing unless you are trying to protect someone. My objective is to help God's children who have been heart broken. My goal has never been to seek vengeance or cause harm to anyone from my family, life experiences, or past relationships. Also, if I change people's names including my own, how would I be building a platform?

So, I have some options. I can build a website and start building a platform in ministry or use my education platform to write an education based book first. Any other suggestions? If any of my readers have a suggestion for me, I am more than willing to listen. I have been praying about this. God, what would you have me do? I am more than willing to be obedient. I just don't know what to do. I seriously need Him to idiot proof my path. I need the neon sign saying "Do This!"

My concerns are of this world. I recognize that, but I have to ask "what would Jesus do?" He would not do anything to cast condemnation on another. I would never want anyone to condemn on my behalf or my children's behalf. We forgive. The world is not the same. I do not want any stones cast. I probably should go back through all of my blogs and remove a few stones as a matter of fact.

Also, I need to generate subscribers to my blog. So, please subscribe if you have not and encourage others to do the same if you feel so led. I need about 30,000 subscribers!

God bless you and keep you. May God direct your path, and I pray that demonstrate Christ's love to someone today!


No comments:

Post a Comment