Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Harvest of Fruits

Songwriting agreement, book publishing deal, principalship, and promise of deliverance from financial burdens all in the last 30 days. Remembering that all things are so that God can be glorified keeps me typing. If, out of fear or humility, I fail to write about what God has done, then I fail to adequately give Him the glory for ALL He has done for me.

Isaiah 40:31 states "But those who hope in the lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Faint
I have been faint at times. I lamented that God did not move me immediately into the full time writing and speaking position for Him. I know that He has a plan for me in all that He has placed before me. I will not grow faint. I will not grow weary. I will stay in His word and focused on His will with faith that He is moving me towards a harvest. I will submit to all that He has called me to do.

Fear
Occasionally gripped by fear, I remind myself that though I feel physically alone and unsupported in the condition of singleness that ultimately I am supported by the most amazing husband, God. He has placed some friends in my life who I can lean on for moral support and Christian fortitude. I rebuke fear.

Those who Hope
One of my friends is a ministry leader who sends out daily messages that have helped carry me through the last 9 months of trials and grief. We met in person about a month ago, and God has just amazed me with the powerful friendship and bonds that only He can establish.

I have a team of women who are so strong in the Lord that are around me continuously. I will not be afraid of all of the tasks and expectations before me. I have troops with me this time. I have authority over Satan; Jesus said so. I am covered and fortified by those who would stand in the gap for me. I am overwhelmed with Love by friends and family. I refuse to contemplate the absence of an earthly husband as I boldly move forward.


Phillippians 1:9-11 "And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and with out offense till the day of Christ being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."

Harvest of Fruits
Joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control and love abound around me. My struggle is with the p-word (patience). I want the harvest to be today. I need speedy delivery on seeds that have been planted for the sake of my household. The financial struggles of a single parent coupled with the burden of divorce and all that entails easily overwhelm unless your eyes stay focused on God. I endeavor to focus on Him. Every time I look away even for a moment, I panic at the daunting debt and tasks before me. It is my Goliath. I have the stones to throw at him now. I am taking aim about to launch my first strike to wipe this giant out.

Harvesting is slow going. I pray that it speeds up. I pray that God keeps reminding me to stay on His path. As always, I pray that He gives me His desires ignited in my heart and that He idiot proofs my path. Patience, I endeavor to demonstrate you, but I will label my lack of patience as Excitement!! I praise God that He uses me and blesses all steps taken forward in His name and for His glory.

Stand firm, pray for all saints, cover us with divine protection as we boldly walk forward to proclaim God's word and victory in Christ. Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment