Thursday, April 12, 2012

Faithful

"Pray for him. Send him scripture. Call her and tell her that you are covering her in prayer. Buy this for him. Text this one this scripture. Buy your children...You must pray with her. You must pray with both of these friends. You need to break bread with your friends. You need to ask your child... Wear this dress to church. Wear this suit to school. Listen to this song. Pray this scripture. Read this scripture. Write about this...Remember this...Petition God for... Claim...Believe..Step over that hurdle...Yell, wake up...Turn your car around and go check on that child... Tell her...Be patient...Believe...Receive..."

I never understood life by the Holy Spirit like I understand it now, and I would bet that I have only scratched the surface. I have questioned my sanity so many times because logic says this is impossible. Logic says that God doesn't give you dreams. Logic says that the voice you hear is your inner self unless you have multiple personalities. Logic says a lot of "Greek Minded", Satanic bull that has nothing to do with the Bible or believing what the Bible says.

John 16: 7-11
 7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt[a] in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

Acts 2:17-21
 17 “‘In the last days, God says,
   I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
   your young men will see visions,
   your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
   I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
   and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
   and signs on the earth below,
   blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
   and the moon to blood
   before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21 And everyone who calls
   on the name of the Lord will be saved.’[c]

Romans 8:23-30

23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

The spirit will groan and intercede for us. The spirit does more than we can even fathom. We know and accept that the spirit is the comforter, that is easy. What about the spirit directing our paths towards God's will. The spirit connecting us to Christ? I think that I had so focused on my relationship with my savior and God that I failed to recognize the voice of the Holy Spirit. Maybe I never understood the trinity. Or maybe it is amplified now because I am tuning in with a fervor that I lacked before.

I get it now. I don't know if I could teach about it because I am no theologian, but I can assure you my friends in Christ that the absence of the guidance of the Holy Spirit would have left me huddled up in my closet 7 months ago. Without God telling me to get up in the mornings, dress for work, drive my car, smile appropriately, say something demonstrating a sign of intelligence...I don't know what would have happened, and I don't even want to think about it.

I am so thankful that my Father in Heaven loves me enough to direct my path, care for the details of my life (who knew that He cared how I dressed), and love me through heart break, recovery, and new beginnings. I still fight a little grief, but I am so hopeful about the future and what May will bring. I believe that May will bring a completely new life for me.

Mark 11: 22-25
22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[f] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

 If He tells me to do something, I may question Him. I may question myself. I may throw a temper tantrum. I may shake, sweat, cry, plead, beg, reason, rationalize, and defend, but ultimately I comply. I have learned that it is so much better in His will and in His plan than the alternative. I have learned that what He has planned may not be in my timing, but it is going to be amazing. So, I wait impatiently.

I am faithful. I believe. I am listening. Though I am but a humble sinner, He speaks to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment