Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Temptations

Deuteronomy 5: 32-33
32 So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. 33 Walk in obedience to all that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

I know what the promise is for me. I know what the plans are. Satan has a clue. He has a mission to kill, steal, and destroy, and he is afraid. He is coming at me hard. I am being tested. He has come at me with money, fear of man, position, attention, praise, and the lure of affection, security, and protection.

I want God's promise for my life. I want the rest of my days spent in His will, in the life that He has planned for me, and with the prince that He has set aside for me. I want the dream. I will not veer to the left or to the right. I will walk in obedience.

James 1: 2-8
 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

I will not risk the gift that God has entrusted with me. I will not falter. I will not waiver. I will follow through to the end. God is checking my obedience. He has given me commands that have pushed me so far outside my box and comfort level. I resist but ultimately comply and the resistance is less and less. He does give me positive reinforcement (thanking God for that!)!!

I had a moment of panic this morning when in my circumstances the gravity of a position that I passed up hit me. Then, I remembered God's promise to me and that HE is my husband.

So, I went to Him and said, "Darling, you know what your family needs. You know what I need. I am trusting you to take care of me because I love you and you will never forsake me, you will never leave me, you will never hurt me, you will love my children, and you will provide for us. I rest under your pinions in the comfort of your arms. I trust you."

My joy returned because I knew that I was being tested because Satan is only going to work this hard against something that is going to be huge for Christ. I am on my guard. I am protecting my gift, my promise, my dignity, my honor, and my witness.

Please pray for the book that I am working on. The book is my focus from now until May 16th. So, my blogging may diminish.  God be with you. God is so good. He is an amazing husband.

1 comment:

  1. May God bless your efforts - the book, and the work He's called you to.

    ReplyDelete