Monday, March 12, 2012

Amazing God!

"Prayer for tonight: Peace, serenity, and calm... I'm not praying for patience anymore. I'm praying for God's immediate answer to my prayers and petitions, and that I would have peace in the transition. I'm out of the fish; I'm on my way to Nineveh. (metaphorically speaking)" From my Facebook page last Wednesday, March 6th.

Thursday morning, my prayers and petitions went something like this conversation with God, "God, you are going to just have to forgive me for my bluntness. You know how I am. I am impatient, and I am certifiably stupid. I keep praying for you to idiot proof my path, and you keep doing that for me. I am grateful, but I really need for you to send me some clear signs and wonders to just keep me going in your direction. I need for you to really idiot proof my path because I need it. You gave me confirmation that I need to go to this conference in Colorado for Christian Writers and Speakers..."

"Father, You have shown me that you want me to write and speak for Your glory and kingdom. I need for you to make this happen immediately because it is now principal hiring season. Also, I need to register for the conference and book the trip early to get better deals on flights. You know what my needs are. I need money to cover the back payments on the car that I just got back with the finality of my divorce. I need money to take care of some of our needs around my house. I need to pay for my daughter's prom. I need about $specific amount."

"Father, please show me clearly that this is the career path that you are going to set me on. I am feeling confused and having doubts. I need for you to boldly idiot proof my path. I need for you to give me some discernment regarding the earthly prince from my dream. I need for you to keep sending me the positive and negative responses to keep me going towards Your will for my life. Please give me the desires that you want me to have and remove all other desires."

I got to work at 8 and had a co-worker waiting to speak to me about a problem on a campus. After listening to her story and discussing it, we then started talking about women's ministry. She told me that she could clearly see me doing that for my career. At 8:20, I got this scripture from a person who does not know me, does not read my Facebook, but sends out daily messages to people who are on his text list (a mutual friend added me to the list),  
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised." Hebrews 10:36.

I shared the scripture and the story of my prayer with my co-worker. We were both amazed at the relevance to my prayer and quagmire with money, direction, and God's promise to me. She told me that I needed to claim the money in the name of Jesus. So, I did. My boss then walked in, and we all began discussing the situation. At 8:40, I got another text, "You don't know me, but my wife told me that you have a ring for sale." Long story short, he bought the ring for his wife for....$my specific amount. My boss and co-worker, witnesses, were stunned. I was speechless. God really is amazing, and I am so thankful!

God went on to confirm and idiot proof my path throughout the rest of the day and into Friday and Saturday. I got a call for an interview for a principal's job, and I knew that I had to turn it down. I got a call from one of the other principal's (toughest one in the district) who believed that I would be the best for the job, and I had to say no but thank you so much for the positive feedback (I needed that, and it was like God was talking to me through that principal).

I had peace. I knew that I had a choice. I knew that I wanted God's plan and will for my life in the new career that He is developing. I knew that God had me right in the palm of His hand. It was/is amazing.

I booked flights...$202 round trip to Denver! I booked the conference, the stay, and the rental car for less than what I had budgeted. God is good!

He proceeded to answer a number of other concerns, but that is for another blog. When we endure for the will of God, we will receive what He has promised us. I know what my heavenly father has promised me, and I am so excited. I can't wait for His plan to completely unfold. He keeps putting people in my path that I know are going to be paramount in my new career.  He keeps sending the people for the ministry team, and I keep recruiting. I am blessed, and I am driven towards His goal. I am thankful for a God who keeps idiot proofing my path, and

I am
Overcome.
 

1 comment: