Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Perfect Prince

About to fall asleep in the stands Friday night, I headed for the gym concessions for a diet coke. Innocently sitting at a table in the foyer by my 12 year old son, I continued to watch the game through the big glass windows. I noticed a certain dad that I try to avoid standing around talking. He is not a Michelle fan to put it nicely. As a matter of fact, he has been very rude and disrespectful upon occasion. He makes his way across the foyer and plants right in my line of site completely blocking my view of the game.

I take a deep breath. I am about to make a smart comment (I'm not the principal there any more; I can say what I want.). The Holy Spirit says, "BREATHE! Don't Bite!" So, I move over to the gym doors to try to inhale the rest of my diet coke. I'm literally shaking mad and wanted to CRY. (Yes, I wanted to CRY, but I did not. I sucked it up.) I could not hear what he was saying to another parent, but he glanced at me and laughed. OOH, I could have just spit at him.

It is moments like those where I desire more than I can express an Earthly prince to step in and just clear someone's temple (like Jesus cleared the Temple-knocking over stuff and kicking people out!)! I started to then feel a little sorry for myself on top of the anger. Thus ensues my stinking thinking. I have been really angry about this all weekend long, and God just gave me a spanking about it while I was exercising.

"Is God my husband right now or not? Has He not more than taken care of all of my needs and my children's needs in the last four months? Has He even pampered me? Spoiled me? Has He not delivered me from foreclosure on my Shiner house? Has He not brought healing to my family? Has he not given me the little car that I always wanted? Has He not provided me with a career that meets my families immediate needs and gives me the opportunity to shine for His glory? Has He not performed a miracle over so many aspects of my life?" YES, LORD! I hear you!

"Do I not trust Him to deal with that jerk?" Yes, Lord...I humbly say. Yes, Lord. "Does He or doesn't He have my back? With Him in my corner, do I need an Earthly prince who is an MMA, UFC, or slight PWT fighter?" No, but I kinda like the whole MMA, etc thing...God smiled and shook His head at me. (He can't stay mad at me for long!) "Did He send His son to die for me? to deliver me? to intercede for me?" I get the point; sometimes I'm just slow.


More Than Conquerors: Romans 8: 31-39
 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:    “For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Embrace that God has your back. Even if you are an MMA, UFC, or slight PWT fighter, GOD still has your back. You do need Him no matter how strong you are. He has you no matter how weak you are.

I think God is showing me, again, that an Earthly prince is just a bonus. Ultimately, God has me covered. He can open up the Earth and swallow that Dad whole right this second. Or, He can use me to show forgiveness and grace that might bring the jerk to faith (ok, sorry for the jerk comment).

Stand firm, Keep the faith, and Do all things through HIM!! He's got better skills than MMA, UFC, or PWT can provide...:)  HE IS THE PERFECT PRINCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment